It’s fun to work in the garage — when it’s nice out. During the winter and even the early days of spring, the garage can be a chilly place to hang. Unless you’re going to and from the car only, a cold garage can take the fun out of tinkering around on an old car, doing woodworking, or fixing things. Typically, you don’t want to heat an uninsulated garage — but a space heater could make the space more comfortable. The key is safety and finding the right one for your needs.
At PowerTech, we think about safety all the time. Here, our team of residential electricians offer a quick rundown on how to choose the best space heater for your garage.
Top 6 Space Heaters For Garages
Here are some of the best choices for a space heater for your garage. This details the kind of space heater as well as the features of the heater.
- Comfort Zone Oscillating Space Heater – This is an affordable solution for your space heater needs. It will heat rooms quickly and features an easy-to-read digital display. It is also lightweight and portable, so you can move it around. It features an eight-hour timer and a safe overheat sensor, which offers protection if the heater falls over. With almost 2,800 reviews on Amazon, the heater is rated 4.5 stars.
- GiveBest Portable Electric Space Heater – This heater comes with two heating modes and a cooling mode. It has adjustable knob controls, and it can heat as much as 200 square feet within a few seconds. It has safety features, including auto-shutoff, protection from tipping over, and overheating protection, so your pets and children stay safe.
- Dr Infrared Portable Space Heater – Featuring a high pressure, yet quiet, blower, this space heater offers efficient dual heating technology with the capability to heat large rooms. It has a programmable timer that is good for up to 12 hours, and it also has a safe auto shut-off timer.
- Heat Storm – This is a space heater with an attractive, state-of-the-art design that saves space, and is WiFi-enabled, so you can control it using your smartphone. It can be mounted to the wall, so you are not using up floor space and it stays cool to the touch during operation.
- Comfort Zone – This is one of the more versatile options. It can be mounted to a ceiling and has a wide range of settings. It provides heat through a wide area and generates heat for extended time periods. It features an automatic “off” safety feature when the temperatures exceed safety limits.
- Farenheat – An efficient, effective and long-lasting space heater, Farenheat is ranked high for steady and generous heat regardless of how cold it is outside. It is, however, a bit more expensive than some of the alternative space heaters available.
How to Warm Up Your Garage When it’s Cold Out
If you have more questions about ensuring your garage is warm and safe, call on the experts at PowerTech. One of our experts will ensure that your garage is wired properly for your heating appliances.. Our goal is to ensure your home is comfortable and safe while being energy efficient. To learn more about PowerTech and our services, call us today to speak with one of our technicians.
PowerTech has the power to provide all of your residential electrician and commercial electrical needs, whether it’s a home remodel or repair, an electrical issue at your business, a generator service or purchase, or emergency electrical help. Let us show you why we are the top choice for service in Council Bluffs, Omaha, and beyond.
Ready to get started? Give us a call at 712.256.8702. You also can fill out our contact form and a representative will contact you as soon as possible.