(And Customer Machaela Morrissey Clark’s PowerTech Experience)
Summer is here! It’s a great time to relax in the hot tub on cool summer evenings.
At PowerTech, we help keep customers safe with the proper electrical to install and maintain their hot tubs.
Here are tips for using your hot tub during the summer from professional electricians!
Can I Use My Hot Tub In The Summer?
Yes! Most people use their hot tubs in cooler weather. But owning a hot tub is a great way to relax in any season.
6 Tips For Summer Hot Tub Use
- During the summer months, set your hot tub to 95 degrees. You can set it lower, but in most cases, 95 is a good setting for summer in Council Bluffs and Omaha.
- There are ways to cool down as well — but do so wisely. Don’t cut the power; that’s how water becomes stagnant without jets, pumps, or circulation. When the water is still, dead skin and body oil will grow bacteria! At the same time, when chemicals are added and the pump is off, the water cannot be properly treated.
- Go to the control panel and switch the control panel. Different hot tubs have different modes, such as summer mode, economy mode, and sleep mode. Often, switching to the economy mode will drop the temperature about 15 degrees lower than the temperature setting itself. You are reducing energy use because the heater is not running while the jets and pump are continuing to work.
- Use your hot tub right after the sun goes down or the first thing in the morning. This could be more enjoyable and you will save energy use.
- Use caution — you can become dehydrated when using hot tubs. Be sure to hydrate, and drink plenty of fluids. Don’t overdo it by staying in the hot tub too long. Consider the temperature outside as well. Avoid the hottest part of the day and avoid sitting in the sun when using your hot tub. Enjoy your hot tub, as it can be a great way to relax and loosen your muscles after a long day.
- Have the hot tub’s electrical serviced and address any issues ASAP.
The experts at PowerTech helped Machaela and Nick Clark navigate the electrical work needed to add a hot tub to their patio. Their home had an out-of-date electrical system, meaning they couldn’t add a circuit for the hot tub without upgrading the electrical panel first.
A PowerTech residential service technician came out to her house and explained what was needed to install the hot tub. The Clark family, who lives in Council Bluffs, said the process was seamless. They ultimately added a new panel and an exterior 220v to support the hot tub.
“PowerTech was very professional. They were very thoughtful while working and kept us posted on what was happening. They were very professional and took the time to explain everything to me and why it was necessary.” – Machaela Clark
PowerTech has the power to provide all of your residential electrician and commercial electrical needs, whether it’s a home remodel or repair, an electrical issue at your business, a generator service or purchase, or emergency electrical help. Let us show you why we are the top choice for service in Council Bluffs, Omaha, and beyond.
Ready to get started? Give us a call at 712.256.8702. You also can fill out our contact form and a representative will contact you as soon as possible.