Hot Tubs & Pools
Serving Omaha, Council Bluffs, and Beyond
If you are adding or upgrading a hot tub, pool, or spa, you will need some electrical work done. The wiring and connection hookups on these are very specific. As an example, some hot tubs require a 240V, 50-amp 4-wire electrical hookup which must use AWG #6 copper wire. Not using the proper setup can be a safety hazard.
When it comes to electrical hookups for pools, spas, and hot tubs, you must enlist the help of a qualified electrician. Electricity and water do not mix, so you should not take this kind of task on as a do-it-yourself project. Safety is a priority with the PowerTech residential electrical team. Not hiring an electrician could be a dangerous mix.
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission reported 14 deaths from electrocutions in pools between 2003 and 2014, and these were deaths resulting from faulty or worn swimming pool lighting, broken underwater lighting, vacuums, and ungrounded power washers and other electrical issues that could have been avoided. There are many electrical hazards that can be found around pools.
After you have your hot tub, spa, or pool installed and wired, you are not done. You should regularly maintain these items. Regular electrical maintenance and inspections from a qualified electrician will improve safety, helping you to avoid electrical shocks and electrocutions because of old or damaged wiring and electrical equipment that has failed.
When it comes to making sure your hot tub, spa, or pool is working properly and that all electrical components are safe, you can depend on the knowledgeable team of qualified and experienced residential electricians at PowerTech. Our technicians can repair, install, and maintain all makes and models of hot tubs, spas, and pools, with no job being too small or too large for our team to take care of.
What to Expect
- Give PowerTech a call at 712.256.8702 or fill out our contact form.
- We’ll schedule a free phone consultation with a member of our team.
- A team member will visit your home and create a plan that works for you and completes your repairs in a timely manner.
- Once you approve, we’ll set up your service.
- One of our skilled electricians will tackle your request and ensure the work is done efficiently, expertly, and to your complete satisfaction.
- Enjoy your hot tub, spa, or pool!