There are a lot of benefits to DIY your home improvement projects. Many do-it-yourself remodels and repairs around the house – including painting, replacing flooring, fixing a leaky faucet, or installing shelving can:
- Lower your stress levels
- Improve your problem-solving skills
- Give you a good workout
- Increase your productivity
- Boost your confidence
- Save you money
DIY is usually safe and fun. But when it comes to electrical work, even the most experienced DIYers should let a professional and licensed electrician handle the job. Here’s why.
- They know what they’re doing. Professional electricians – including the PowerTech team – are highly-trained in their trade through classes, apprentices, and other training to become certified and licensed in Iowa and Nebraska. They also must stay abreast of safety codes and regulations, and participate in ongoing education. Many electricians have years of experience and have tackled all kinds of jobs big and small.
- Safety is the top priority. While an electrical job can seem like a no-brainer to DIY, electricians have a better understanding of how dangerous electrical jobs can be. According to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, there are about 400 deaths by electrocution annually and another 4,000 injuries. Many are related to consumer products and home improvement.
- They provide quality work. Watching YouTube isn’t an ideal way to figure out how to fix an electrical issue. That is a recipe for disaster. PowerTech’s electricians are committed to providing quality workmanship that will make your home improvement efforts even stronger. We troubleshoot and identify problems efficiently and thoroughly and keep you informed along the way.
- You could actually save money. Hiring an electrician is more expensive than DIY. Even so, correcting a mistake can end up a bigger financial strain than had you hired a pro from the start. PowerTech’s electricians are affordable and will work with you to ensure your project or repair is as cost effective for you as possible.
- They are bonded and insured. If you or an amateur are hurt doing electrical work in your home, you are responsible. Hiring one of PowerTech’s bonded and insured electricians takes away that chance. They also will handle any permits required for the job and make sure their work will pass an inspection if necessary. If you do wiring yourself and then put your home on the market – it may not pass an inspector’s visit. An electrician doing the work takes a big weight off your shoulders.
Be smart. Hire a licensed, bonded, and insured professional electrician who will do the job right and protect your safety. PowerTech can help. Get in touch today.
PowerTech has the power to provide all of your residential electrician and commercial electrical needs, whether it’s a home remodel or repair, an electrical issue at your business, a generator service or purchase, or emergency electrical help. Let us show you why we are the top choice for service in Council Bluffs, Omaha, and beyond.
Ready to get started? Give us a call at 712.256.8702. You also can fill out our contact form and a representative will contact you as soon as possible.