If you’re reading this blog, chances are you have an electrical issue at home that has you scratching your head. While nobody wants a costly repair bill, hiring a PowerTech residential electrician could end up saving you a lot of money in the long run – not to mention keep you and your family safe.
Here are the Top 5 signs you need the help of a licensed electrician in Omaha or Council Bluffs.
- Flickering Lights. When the lights are flickering or dimming, it’s a little spooky. Sure, it might be a spirit trying to communicate with you from the other side, but in most cases it’s an electrical issue that needs addressed. Your circuit may be overloaded, for example, especially if the lights flicker when you run the vacuum or the microwave, If lights dim or flicker when you touch a light switch or an electrical outlet, it needs replaced. sSmell burning or see burn spots around an outlet? Your home’s electrical components are seriously overwhelmed! Call an electrician right away.
2. Tripped Circuit Breaker. In most cases, you can reset a circuit breaker yourself. But if it keeps happening, it could be a symptom of a larger issue. An electrician can identify the root of the problem and address it accordingly. He or she also will check to make sure your outlets and switches were installed correctly and fix them if needed. If you still have questions, check out our video here (if you want, go ahead and skip to 45 seconds).
3. Warm (Or Hot) Electrical Outlets. Ever noticed an electrical outlet feels oddly warm when you go to plug or unplug something? It’s weird, but you likely forget it and move on with your day. However, it’s important to pay attention to the fact that your home’s electrical system may not be functioning properly. If an outlet is warm or hot, it might be overloaded. You could reset your circuit breaker, and unplug all of the electronics and lights that are causing the overload. Even so, don’t mess around with a warm outlet. As a safety precaution, consider contacting an electrician. If the culprit is a bad connection, it could cause a fire.
4. Blown Fuse. Fuses can blow if your electrical system is overloaded or if a wire is hot. A reset to the circuit breaker can easily be done yourself. But the reason a fuse blows – and keeps blowing – may not be easy to determine and like many things, could be a sign of a bigger problem. An electrician can find the problem and come up with a solution to prevent it from happening again.
5. Higher Electrical Bills. Is your electric bill going up each month, even though your use has not? Unless you’ve purchased new appliances or electronics that require more power, a sudden increase in your electrical bill can mean your electrical system is sucking too much power to run properly. That can be a serious or dangerous issue that only an electrician can fix and prevent.
Omaha-Council Bluffs Electrician Services
Electrical repairs aren’t easy –or safe – projects to DIY. A PowerTech electrician can address the problem and prevent future issues from occurring, which brings you peace of mind and a happier pocketbook. Give our residential electrical division a call today.
PowerTech has the power to provide all of your residential electrician and commercial electrical needs, whether it’s a home remodel or repair, an electrical issue at your business, a generator service or purchase, or emergency electrical help. Let us show you why we are the top choice for service in Council Bluffs, Omaha, and beyond.
Ready to get started? Give us a call at 712.256.8702. You also can fill out our contact form and a representative will contact you as soon as possible.