Winter. It’s here. We’re in the thick of it — zero and sub-zero temps and snow, ice, and heavy winds. This severe winter weather can easily knock your power out. And that’s not only unpleasant — it’s potentially life-threatening, since no electricity equals no heat. Your solution? A backup generator.
At PowerTech, we think about power and safety all year long. Our residential service technicians are here to offer their best reasons you should get a backup generator for your home. It’s key to a little more peace of mind no matter what Mother Nature dishes out.
What Are The Benefits of a Whole House Generator?
When snowstorms and ice storms hit, power outages can last for days on end. A backup generator can help your family stay safe, warm, and comfortable no matter how snowed in you are. Here are a handful of reasons a whole house generator is great you and your family:
- You have uninterrupted power. A brief power outage can be a major inconvenience. With a generator, you can cook, heat, have hot water, and even perform business duties if you work from home. It can make a significant difference in your sanity and productivity.
- Your generator works in any weather condition. Yep. Rain, sleet, snow, hail, high winds, tornados and more. While bad weather can shut down the main power grid and leave utility companies scrambling to restore power, a backup generator runs during any type of storm. Pretty cool, huh?
- You can access power 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with a backup generator as you have the fuel needed for it. Depending on the generator, it will use natural gas or diesel. When the electricity is returned, the generator can automatically shut itself down.
- Your generator can protect your appliances. A power surge is often the result of power loss, and when the power comes back on, the surge can cause an electrical fire or damage any electrical appliances or components. If you have a generator set up for automatic backup power, it can help you divert these power surges and offer protection to your appliances.
- You can set up remote monitoring to troubleshoot and more. This allows for access to the generator from wherever you are through your smartphone, laptop, or tablet. You can check your generator status and set up periods to test it. You will be alerted if there are potential problems, so they can be fixed quickly and before they escalate.
- You’ll stay calm and happy even when it’s beyond crazy outside. An electrician will wire it into your electrical system, so it can instantaneously provide power if there is an outage. You can limit downtime, ensure your home is comfortable, and make sure your family is warm and safe.
How to Choose a Backup Generator for Your Home
A qualified technician from PowerTech can help you select the right backup generator for your family’s needs. Our team can install the generator so it will automatically start in the event of a power outage, and can provide routine maintenance services to ensure it is up to par. With the help of an Omaha and Council Bluffs electrician from PowerTech, you can rest assured that your family’s electrical needs will be in good hands — and that you are prepared for severe weather 365 days a year.
PowerTech has the power to provide all of your residential electrician and commercial electrical needs, whether it’s a home remodel or repair, an electrical issue at your business, a generator service or purchase, or emergency electrical help. Let us show you why we are the top choice for service in Council Bluffs, Omaha, and beyond.
Ready to get started? Give us a call at 712.256.8702. You also can fill out our contact form and a representative will contact you as soon as possible.